Wednesday 11 January 2012

My Body is not the enemy

I have waged a battle against my body for years. I would call it names, deny it food, hide it  under large voluminous black clothing. I started this battle when there was no reason to. My body was fine, it was the perfect size for me but truly I could not see this. A lot of negative thoughts existed, swirling around in my head. I believed things would be better if I were a few pounds lighter. You know how the sentence begins.."When I am 20 pounds lighter I will....(fill in the blank).  I examined this statement and realized it was never my weight, it was my fear that kept me from trying.  So I have decided that whether I am 120 or 220 I will work towards fulfilling my dreams. Some I will achieve, some I will not but at least I will know I have tried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment